Friday 5 October 2018

I am back : watch this space


I initially started this blog in 2012 with the desire to pursue what I enjoy, dressing up smart and well. I called it Vintage Arts &Afro Chic(VAAC) with these reasons below in mind:

Vintage is from my love of purchasing items that are timeless like a vintage wine which can still be enjoyed many years later. I admire vintage looks/buys and clothing buys that can remain elegant and relevant many years later. An example is the Duchess of Sussex's wedding gown and evening dress which can be worn many years later due to its timeless design see link:
https://goo.gl/images/MBp6ko

The Arts are for artistic expression in many things creative and not just limited to fashion. It can be real art in terms of paintings or furniture and ornaments too including bespoke finds.

Afro is representative of my cultural roots and heritage being a Black African woman. I will always endeavour to showcase African looks, art, sisters, and developments to influence the dialogue showcasing our own development and evolvement. I feel we need to inspire the next generation.

Chic represents the expression of elegance, style, and fashionable looks.

Watch this space for more........!!

No comments:

Post a Comment