Tuesday 9 October 2018

It was a Sunday after leaving church and I decided to take a picture by this town feature. Northampton is a small town and when I moved here from London I was quite disappointed. It just seemed like a town without much to do. The only positive was the realisation that my closest family lived here. London had everything going socially but there was something missing. In London I had to keep up with the trends, the "I've got it all together look on the outside but inside I am just lost."
It led me to do deep soul searching and though London (for me) was one of the best cities to live in, I really missed my family. It was not enough to earn so much money but forfeit treasured moments with close family. All depends on your circumstances, of course, if you are an international in London then you'll make do with your city family. It wasn't the case for me so I chose family over finances, over trends, over so-called city girl lifestyle.
Do I regret it moving? No; as I found myself in Northampton. This is such a laidback town so much that I had to learn to be myself and not be in a rat-race life. I can go to the town centre dressed in very simple clothes and no-one truly bats an eye lid - how refreshing. I also got to know my family, develop a bond and just love each other. 
Would I go back to London?  
Well, I have learned to never say never especially in things like moving, travelling and opportunities. At my age, I believe most people are seeking and aspiring for some sort of success. I came here to bond with my family and this has successfully been achieved. It has done many wonders for me in many ways. I have gained my identity(more to come on this in the future), gained new good and meaningful friends and I have become part of a new varied community. I have learned to adapt to my environment and renew my thinking so I can just live life. To sum it all up→ Home sweet Home.

Finally! In this post, I showcase things I love such as flowers and I never realized until my younger sister told me you always purchase clothes with flowers. Can you imagine, not even being aware of what seems to be obvious. Anyway, I saw the affinity towards flowers and it helped me re-jig my wardrobe so I am not always "flower heavy" on the outfits. The outfit worn in the 3 pictures above is a way to wear floral clothing but in a minimalist flower statement. I am flowery but not too flowery. It is just seen in the detail to make it look trendy, feminine and smart casual. I posted the outfit details on my Instagram account[ faith_faden_wears_vaac] if you are interested. After I made the post, a friend of mine who is not on Instagram came to surprise me with flowers the following day. talk about coincidence. Anyway, it just re-affirms my affinity for flowers whether on clothes or real flowers.

                                     What are your clothes wardrobe must-haves?
                                        What are your specific "go to styles"?
                                     Are you a big city person, small town  or a country dweller?
          Would you choose a life away from family for money or have family and forfeit family?

                               Thank you for reading my blog and for the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment